Thursday, October 27, 2011

What a game

I will be the first to admit that I am not a huge Baseball fan. I do love the playoffs and their isn't too many things more American than the World Series. Thus, when I got home tonight I was sure the game would be over and I would have to settle for the Postgame Show. Much to my surprise, it was the top of the Ninth Inning and the Rangers were up 7-5. I always love an exciting finish and this one definitely didn't disappoint. With runners on first and second, two outs, two strikes, David Freese knocks the ball deep into outfield. Two runners score and the inning ends with the next batter. In the top of the Ninth, Josh Hamilton hits a Home Run with a man on first to a 9-7 lead. I was sure that was the end for the Cardinals. Nearly the same situation in the Tenth Inning as the ninth, except that the Cardinals had already scored a run. Lance Bergman is down to his last strike when he knocks one to the outfield and ties the game back up at 9-9. The pressure returns to the Rangers dugout and they can not answer. Who comes to bat for the Cardinals in the bottom of the Eleventh Inning? David Freese of course. This time he leaves no doubt knocking it ball over the centerfield wall and guaranteeing Game Seven tomorrow night! Thank you David Freese, Josh Hamilton, and Lance Bergman for making it a great end of the game. What a finish, one that I won't soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment