Saturday, October 22, 2011

Top Story of the Week

While I do love and follow most sports, auto racing has never been a favorite of mine. I do know how some of it works. No matter how much I do or don't know about it, the racing world took a tough loss this past weekend. Dan Wheldon was killed on the racetrack in Las Vegas when his car went airborne, smashed into the wall, and got on fire. This was a deep moment of reflection for all at how precious each second of life is. To me it is always a tragic moment when someone dies on the field, court, or in racetrack (or any other playing surface). The best part of this story was seeing how the different drivers in the race reacted. They showed deep remorse for their fellow racer. The drivers response in the respectful way they honored Wheldon is one reason why I love sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment